Carl (Charles) Adolf Frank (1846-1922) was born in Wimpfen, Germany and immigrated to the United States around 1854. He graduated from Concordia Seminary, St. Louis in 1868 and served as a Missouri Synod pastor in Beaver County, Pennsylvania; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Lancaster, Ohio; New Orleans, Louisiana; Zanesville, Ohio (1881-1893); and Evansville, Indiana. Rev. Frank served as President of Capital University in the late 1870s. He left this post due to the Election Controversy between the Missouri and Ohio Synods. (On Easter Sunday, 1881, a Call was issued to Rev. Dr. Frank to serve as Pastor of Trinity, Zanesville.)
According to Trinity Church, “on May 21, 1882, Dr. Frank began editing the newspaper called The Lutheran Witness. This church-paper was published under the auspices of the Cleveland Lutheran Pastoral Conference; Rev. Frank served as its Editor-in-Chief for nine years.
Christian Cyclopedia, citing A. R. Suelflow, “The Father's Faith—The Children's Language,” CHIQ, XXX (Fall 1957), 130–141; (Winter 1958), 182–188; XXXI (April 1958), 7–26.
“Evansville, Ind., Letter,” The Lutheran Witness, XXXVII:14 (July 9, 1918), 222-223.
“Through the Years,” [A History of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church and Preschool of Zanesville, Ohio]. http://www.telcap.org/1845---1890.html and http://www.telcap.org/1891---1910.html.
Historical primary source materials and translations reflect the opinions of the original authors and translators and are often provided without comment for purposes of academic study.
New materials from 1580press.com are produced with the intent to be faithful to the Holy Scriptures, in accordance with the understanding provided in the Lutheran Confessions.
The 1580press.com website is (c) 2016. All content provided by Nathan Higgins - firstname.lastname@example.org